Great reasons to travel to Koh Samui Thailand?
Thailand’s second-largest island, Koh Samui is full of coral reefs, sandy beaches, coconut trees and generous tourist resources. Previously there were no roads on this island and hence it had very little contact with Thailand. In today's modern Thailand the economy of this island is fundamentally based on tourism.
This land is also famous for its exports of rubber and coconut. Koh Samui also costs a bit lesser as compared to other islands in Thailand. Staying here is very much relaxing because this city offers tourists beautiful eateries, hotels, nightlives, clubs, spa and massage centres and other adventurous experiences.
When is the best time to visit Koh Samui Thailand ?
The overall weather of Koh Samui is hot, dry and rainy. Tourists can be seen here throughout the year but the best time to become part of this island is from December to February. The temperature is usually a bit low as compared to other months. 29°C is the maximum while 24°C is the minimum temperature during these months. Tourists can enjoy fewer rains, peaceful seas and cool winds at the night during their stay here.
International tourists from Europe normally come here to spend their long summer holidays. So, July and August are the peak months of tourism. Visitors, who particularly want to come here for a beach holiday are advised not to come during the monsoon season. From September to November, Koh Samui receives its heaviest rainfall. This is not a favourable thing for scuba diving and boat trips due to heavy winds. Even the beaches also become very rough.
How to reach Koh Samui Thailand?
The easiest and convenient way to reach Koh Samui is a direct flight from Bangkok Airport to Koh Samui Airport. Though this kind of travelling is quite expensive this will save a lot of time. This way will only take 60 minutes to reach Koh Samui. From the airport, you can take a minibus to reach your required destination. However, the taxi service is not very much available.
You can also take a flight to Surat Thani Airport and then from there you will have to take a passenger ship in order to reach Koh Samui.
Taking a sleeper train from Bangkok is a cheaper option to reach Koh Samui. The stopover of the train in Surat Thani and again from here, you will ride on a ferry at Don Sak Pier. The tourists will have the option of buying tickets for train and ferry together at Hualamphong Railway Station, Bangkok in order to save time and seats. They can also book their seats online which is the best option because trains get booked in no time.
The final and third option to reach Koh Samui is by bus. This is the most exciting way to reach there as you get a beautiful view of many other islands. A bus from Bangkok will take you to Chumphon. At Chumphon, you will ride on a high-speed yacht. The route of this ferry is through different islands like Ko Nang Yuan, Ko Tao and Ko Pha Ngan. Along with the beauty of these islands, tourists will also have to spend 11 hours on this journey.
Where to Stay in Koh Samui?
Koh Samui also offers tourists the best hotels and resorts to stay in. The 5-star hotels are famous for their lavish services of spas, bars, beautiful scenic views, swimming pools and food menus. Some of the hotels are Banyan Tree Samui (A$783.23), Silavadee Pool Spa Resort (A$337.45) and Santiburi Koh Samui (A$284.68). Last but not the least, Amari Koh Samui (A$126.37) and Chura Samui Resort (A$69.44) are among some of the best 4-star hotels in Koh Samui.
More affordable options in Koh Samui
For those who do not seek luxuries and want a budget hotel then City Dance Hotel is a good option. Also, it only charges A$31.49 per night. Tango Beach Resort with beautiful sea views is another option for tourists which charges A$40.27 per night. These hotels may lack some high kind of services but still, they provide their customers best residing packages and comfort.
5 Most Visited Destinations
What to do in Koh Samui?
- Enjoying Thai Cuisine at Jungle Club is one of the best options to experience the true colours of Thai Culture. It has a varied dining style with sofas made of bamboo and cushions of different colours make these sofas comfier. You can enjoy food with Thai music and beautiful sea sites.
- Want to experience whole Koh Samui at one site? Then visiting Pagoda Temple Viewpoint is the best option. From this excellent spot, you can see Big Buddha, takeoffs and landings of flights, beaches of Koh Samui and islands of Koh Fan, Koh Sum, Koh Tao and many others.
- Scuba Diving at Koh Tao is a good option to enjoy the beautiful water creatures especially the turtles. The water here is crystal clear which let you see underneath the vital sands and exciting sea fishes. With a motorbike, you can also go to the Mango viewpoint on this island.
- Water sports at Ang Thong Marine Park is the supreme option to explore the 42 islands of this park. Kayaking and Snorkeling will let you discover the mysterious beauties of islands, coves, shallow coral reefs and splendid mountains.
- If you happened to be on holiday during the rainy season then escaping rains with a relaxing massage treatment is quite fascinating. Massages are the speciality of Koh Samui. Tourists can enjoy the traditional ones, medicated and herbal treatments.
So if you are looking for exotic sceneries, ancient temples and the best massages or want to try a different cuisine then vacationing at Koh Samui fulfils all charms. If you want to enjoy sunshine all the way then Koh Samui and surrounding beaches or islands are worth visiting. When a single international tour can give you all kinds of recreations then why go for any other option?